Wednesday, January 11, 2012

“Is It My Fault?” (Poem)

“Is It My Fault?”

By: Shannon Yáñez
03/23/97

Why do you get mad at me
Or think that I’m unfair?
Why do you ridicule me
Those poems are how I share.

Why do you go to sleep
When you’re the one fed up?
Why can’t I be acknowledged
For all the times I stay up?

Why can’t I treat you
The way you treat me?
The good things are you
The bad things are me.

I always get up
For whatever you need
Why am I the one you say
Has so much greed?

Why am I the dunce?
Why am I stupid?
Nothing I ever do
Is enough for what you did.

Why do you give
And always must receive?
For the same reason
I believe you will leave.

Why is it when I assert myself
I’m the one not right?
Why is something of your loss
Will always cause a fight?

Why do I write these stupid poems?
Because from me you turned away
And now asleep is how you stay.



© 2010 Copyright by Shannon Peace